Every morning I get up and walk my dogs. Since they’re Siberian Huskies and they love to run after squirrels, I find it’s better for my shoulders and knees to walk them one at a time. I’m usually up early in the morning greeting the brand new day outside walking in my neighborhood. Sometimes I don’t feel like getting out in the cold, but I know how a good brisk walk makes me feel — rejuvenated, energetic, and boosts endorphins (the good ‘feels’).
Benefits of Walking:
- Improves circulation of the lymphatic system.
- A brisk walk is a good cardio workout.
- Walking strengthens leg and butt muscles.
- Walking is a low-impact exercise that won’t jar your joints.
- Walking helps to improve your attitude and out-look on life.
- Walking is free!
- The only equipment you need for a walk are good walking shoes.
Here’s to your Health!
Kim Lowrey, Certified Colon Hydrotherapist
Colon Hydrotherapy Center, Fayetteville, AR