What are Prebiotics? They are non-digestible compounds that help probiotics grow and thrive. (Food for the bacteria.) What are Probiotics? They are good bacteria for your gut.
Prebiotics feed Probiotics.
To promote a healthy gut, eat foods rich with Prebiotics. Here’s a list according to Mindbodygreen website:
- Jicama, Jerusalem artichoke, and chicory root contain inulin, a form of prebiotic fiber.
- Dandelion greens
- Allium vegetables such as garlic, onion, leeks, chives and scallions.
- Whole-grain and sprouted-grain breads.
- Wheat germ, whole wheat berries.
- Potato skins
- Apple cider vinegar (organic)
To cultivate a diverse and healthy microbiome, prebiotics are essential along with probiotics.
Here’s to your Health!
Kim Lowrey, Certified Colon Hydrotherapist
Colon Hydrotherapy Center, Fayetteville, AR