What is an Infrared Sauna?
According to mayoclinic.org, an infrared sauna is a type of sauna that uses light to create heat. Infrared saunas are sometimes called far-infrared saunas, “far” describes where the infrared waves fall on the light spectrum. A traditional sauna uses heat to warm the air, which in turn warms your body. An infrared sauna heats your body directly without warming the air around you. So, the heat goes deeper into the epidermal layers and is a great to detox.
6 Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy from Mindbodygreen.com:
- Detoxification: Sweating is one of the body’s most natural ways to eliminate toxins. An Infrared Sauna allows you to sweat seven times more toxins than a traditional dry sauna.
- Relaxation: The infrared sauna’s heat will relax muscles and relieve tension throughout the body, allowing you to relax and de-stress.
- Pain Relief: The infrared sauna increases circulation which reduces inflammation. This therapy may help reduce swollen joints and muscle aches.
- Weight Loss: The heat from the infrared sauna raises your metabolic rate by increasing the heart rate which in turn causes your body to burn more calories. A 30 minute infrared sauna may burn between 400 to 600 calories.
- Improved Circulation: The heat from the infrared sauna increases your core body temperature which increases circulation throughout your body. It stimulates blood flow, improves muscle recovery, decreases pain and inflammation after intense exercise.
- Skin Purification: The Infrared sauna helps to purify your skin by eliminating toxins from your pores and increasing circulation, resulting in clearer, softer and healthier-looking skin.
If you’d like to try this therapy contact our office for an appointment.
Here’s to your Health!
Kim Lowrey, Colon Hydrotherapist
Colon Hydrotherapy Center, Fayetteville, AR