Eggs – Nature’s Super Food

According to the Authority Nutrition website, eggs are a great source of protein and B vitamins as well as other nutritional benefits.

Here are 10 reasons why it’s good to include eggs in your diet:

  1.  Eggs are Rich in Vitamins:  One large boiled egg contains Vitamin A, Folate, Vitamins B5, B12, B2, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium and Zinc.  An egg is about 77 calories, 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of healthy fats.
  2. Eggs are Rich in Cholesterol: Eggs are high in cholesterol, but they don’t adversely affect the blood cholesterol.  In 70 percent of people, eggs don’t raise cholesterol at all.  In the other 30 percent (termed “hyper responders”), eggs can mildly raise Total and LDL cholesterol.
  3. Eggs raise the HDL (the good) cholesterol.
  4. Eggs are Rich in Choline: Eggs contain Choline, an important nutrient that is part of the B vitamins.  Choline is used to build cell membranes and has a role in producing signaling molecules in the brain.
  5. Eggs Reduce risk of Heart Disease:  Eggs turn LDL cholesterol from small, dense particles to larger particles which helps to reduce the risk of heart disease.
  6. Eggs are good for the eyes:  Two nutrients found in the egg yolk are Lutein and Zeaxanthin.  These are powerful antioxidants that build up in the retina of the eye.  These nutrients can significantly reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
  7. Eggs Reduce Triglycerides:  In Omega-3 or Pastured eggs, they lower triglycerides which promotes heart health.  In one study, eating 5 omega-3 enriched eggs per week for 3 weeks showed a noticeable reduction of triglycerides by 16-18%
  8. Eggs are high in protein with all the essential amino acids:  Proteins are the main building block for the body. Eating protein can help with weight loss, increase muscle mass, lower blood pressure and optimize bone health.
  9. Eggs are Healthy for the Heart:  Eggs do not raise your risk of heart disease and may reduce the risk of stroke. Some studies show an increased risk in people with diabetes 2.
  10. Eggs Help with weight loss:  Eggs are filling and tend to make you eat fewer calories, helping with weight loss.

Eggs are nature’s super food.

Here’s to your Health!

Kim Lowrey, Certified Colon Hydrotherapist

Colon Hydrotherapy Center, Fayetteville, AR

479-571-2656

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *