We read about what foods are good for the heart. Food for the heart helps the brain. The brain relies on good blood flow. Here’s a list of foods that’ll keep your heart ticking and your brain sharp.
- Black beans are a great source of magnesium which has been shown to stave off dementia.
- Avocados have been shown to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) which benefits the heart and head.
- Blueberries improve memory function in older adults with early memory decline.
- Broccoli has high levels of choline, a chemical found in the brain, which helps with early brain development.
- Limit foods that cause inflammation in the body – refined foods, grains, alcohol, sugar.
- Tuna has been known to contain high levels of mercury. Mercury can cause neurological issues. Researchers say eat no more than two helpings of tuna per week.
Here’s to your brain’s Health!
Kim Lowrey, Certified Colon Hydrotherapist
Colon Hydrotherapy Center, Fayetteville, AR