We’ve all heard the phrase, “An apple a day will keep the doctor away.” I researched about the health benefits of eating apples from eatingwell.com and here’s what I found.
- Apples are a great source of Vitamin C. Helps your immune system.
- Apples are a great source of fiber. Helps to keep you regular.
- Apples help with weight loss. It satisfies hunger and is low in calories.
- Apples help with Heart Health. Studies have shown if you eat apples regularly they lower the risk of coronary and cardiovascular disease.
- Apples protect against Metabolic Syndrome. Metabolic Syndrome is a group of risk factors; high blood pressure, high blood sugar, unhealthy cholesterol levels and abdominal fat.
- Apples help when Exercising. Eat an apple before working out will boost your endurance levels. Apples deliver an antioxidant called quercetin, which aids endurance by making oxygen more available to the lungs.
Here’s to your Health!
Kim Lowrey, Colon Hydrotherapist
Colon Hydrotherapy Center, Fayetteville, AR