I don’t know about you, but I am so stressed out with the negative politics, dangerous weather, and daily life’s issue.
Calgon take me away…
Here are 10 tips to reduce stress based on an article by Kate Morin in the Huffington Post…and I’m listening.
- Try Progressive Relaxation – All the way from fingers to toes. Tense then release.
- Light Yoga – Combine deep breathing techniques and poses
- Meditate – There are apps you can download on your phone that alert you to stop for 5 or 10 minutes and sit quietly to meditate.
- Laughter – Watch a funny show or read humorous cartoons or books. A good belly laugh can decrease stress and make you feel happy.
- Exercise – Exercise is great for the body and soul. After a workout your body releases endorphins which is relaxing, and gives you a sense of accomplishment.
- Massage – Massage therapy reduces pain and stress.
- Sex – Studies have shown sex can actually decrease the physical symptoms of stress, like lowering blood pressure.
- Write it Out – Keeping a journal helps you sort out the positives and negatives of an issue. When something is bothering you, write about it. And then write what things make you feel happy and grateful.
- Take a Walk – Walking can help you think about things and also enjoy nature.
- Hang out with your pet – Dog owners have been shown to be less stressed out. Nothing makes me happier than being greeted by my dogs when I get home from work or a trip. Their love is boundless. In fact, the best part of my day is just spending time with my dogs.
Here’s to your Happy Self!
Kim Lowrey, Advanced Certified Colon Hydrotherapist
Colon Hydrotherapy Center, Fayetteville, AR